Through the Michigan College Advising Corps a diverse group of recent U-M graduates works full-time as college advisers in under-served high schools throughout the state of Michigan to help students navigate every aspect of the college application process and identify their best fit among post-secondary options.
New drug delivery
A new study from U-M describes one of the first entirely new drug delivery microencapsulation approaches in decades. Microencapsulation in biodegradable polymers allows drugs such as peptide therapeutics to be released over time in the body.
The Detroit Riverfront Conservancy was created in 2003 with the mission of developing access on the Detroit River. The entire vision is 5.5 miles of riverfront from the Ambassador Bridge to Gabriel Richard Park just east of the Belle Isle Bridge, and includes the construction of a continuous RiverWalk along with plazas, pavilions and green spaces.
From the Big House to the Mackinac Bridge, the impact of University of Michigan research, faculty, staff, alumni, and students spans far beyond the borders of our three campuses. Learn more about U-M’s Up North Impact and the Board of Regents July 21 meeting in St. Ignace.
Campus COVID-19 Response
The University of Michigan has COVID-19 policies and guidance in place to support robust in-person experiences for our students, faculty and staff.
- Anonymous reporting systems in schools can reduce violence, increase student connectedness
- Exterior demolition begins at Fleming Administration Building
- Local renewable energy employment can fully replace U.S. coal jobs nationwide
- New long-necked dinosaur helps rewrite evolutionary history of sauropods in South America
- Most older adults ready to roll up sleeves this fall for updated COVID-19 boosters, U-M poll shows
- This is Michigan: Giving veterans something to smile about
- Opinion: Why the FBI searching Trump's Mar-a-Lago home may be a sign of things to come
- Q&A: How will the pending budget bill reduce drug prices for Americans?
- Q&A: Monkeypox symptoms, spread
- Commentary: Why flexible thinking is key when it comes to reaching our well-being goals
In The News
- MLive Grocery delivery makes smaller carbon footprint than shopping yourself, study shows
- Marketplace Survey finds consumers feel a little better about the economy
- Washington Post Agents at Trump's Mar-a-Lago seized 11 sets of classified documents, court filing shows
- National Public Radio What is the status of all of Trump's legal woes?
Happening @ Michigan
- Aug 15 Expedition Reef
- Aug 15 Tales of the Maya Skies
- Aug 20 Science Forum Demos
- Aug 16
- Aug 17
- Aug 18-19
- Aug 19
- Aug 29
All Michigan, all the time
There’s always something amazing happening at Michigan. Whether it’s on campus or around the world, our students, faculty, staff and alumni are out seizing the day. A sampling of images captured over the years is shown in the gallery below.
- 10:57 am
- 3:34 pm
- 3:12 pm
- 4:51 pm
- 6:07 pm
- 6:04 pm
- 6:20 pm
- 6:35 pm
- 6:40 pm
- 6:18 pm
- 6:54 pm
- 7:35 pm
- 7:46 pm
- 7:55 pm
- 7:37 pm
- 7:38 pm
- 7:44 pm
- 7:52 pm
- 8:10 pm
- 9:15 pm
- 9:13 pm
- 9:24 pm
- 9:51 pm
- 10:27 pm
- 10:32 pm
- 10:43 pm
- 11:59 pm
- 11:01 pm
- 11:34 pm
- 11:33 pm