A new generation of diverse math scholars is being inspired to take their careers to the next level by the Marjorie Lee Browne Scholars Program at U-M. The program has reimagined the Department of Mathematics’ master’s degree program as a space where underrepresented students can hone their abilities while engaging with faculty and a network of peers.
Next generation of esports leaders
A multimillion dollar gift from Robert “Bobby” Kotick, CEO of Activision Blizzard, will establish a multidisciplinary esports program at the U-M School of Information. Esports are organized video game competitions played for spectators. The contribution lays the groundwork for an esports minor at U-M by 2022 to help prepare students for careers in the burgeoning esports industry.
Hail! Class of 2021
Congratulations to all of the U-M students who earned their degrees this spring. We appreciate the work you have done to earn a University of Michigan degree, and the sacrifices made by you and your families. #MGoGrad
Hail! Class of 2021
To honor the University of Michigan Class of 2021, undergraduate students from the U-M Penny W. Stamps School of Art & Design created a chalk paint mural on the street outside of the Rackham Graduate School.
Campus Maize & Blueprint
The University of Michigan’s comprehensive plan incorporates public health guidance, lessons learned from the fall and extensive feedback from our community. Many new safety measures and additional resources have been developed to protect and support our students, faculty and staff.
- All community members who enter U-M buildings or attend on-campus events are required to show their ResponsiBLUE daily symptom checker results. Students must also display their weekly testing status.
- U-M’s free weekly COVID-19 testing program is available for all students, faculty and staff on the Ann Arbor campus and meets the mandatory testing requirements for students on campus.
- All individuals over the age of 16 are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccination in Michigan. Learn how you can find a vaccination location near you to schedule an appointment.
- Anti-Asian hate: Location, nature of more than 1,000 incidents last year
- Severe COVID-19 may be linked to long-haul symptoms
- U-M researchers trace path of light in photosynthesis
- AI helps predict treatment outcomes for patients with diseased dental implants
- Anderson report: U-M officials overlooked 'destructive pattern' of misconduct
- The digital world is built on advertising. How do we help kids navigate it?
- Q&A: What’s behind the falling U.S. birthrate?
- The Conversation: World's worst pandemic leaders
- Connecting generations, U-M students fight loneliness, establish strong ties
- The Conversation: Using captured CO₂ in everyday products could help fight climate change, but will consumers want them?
In The News
- Detroit Free Press Mask rules in Michigan: Answering your biggest questions after CDC's newest guidance
- New York Times New honor system on masks: 'Am I to trust these people?'
- The Hill State vaccine rates fall along red, blue divide
- Bon Appétit To stop food waste, we need to confront our food anxiety
Happening @ Michigan
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) events may have been moved online, rescheduled, or canceled. Visit Happening@Michigan for updates.
- May 19 Microbial Masterpieces
- May 19 Centennial Lecture Series: Sharon Parrott — Pandemic, Relief, and Building toward an Equitable Future
- May 19 Western UP Wind Energy Webinar
- May 25 CoderSpaces (Tuesdays)
- May 31
- Jun 21
- Jun 22-23
- Jun 24-25
- Jun 25
All Michigan, all the time
There’s always something amazing happening at Michigan. Whether it’s on campus or around the world, our students, faculty, staff and alumni are out seizing the day. A sampling of images captured over the years is shown in the gallery below.
- 10:10 am
- 10:10 am
- 10:12 am
- 11:25 am
- 12:15 pm
- 12:13 pm
- 12:16 pm
- 12:30 pm
- 1:17 pm
- 1:29 pm
- 2:21 pm
- 2:18 pm
- 2:40 pm
- 2:54 pm
- 3:38 pm
- 3:34 pm
- 3:47 pm
- 3:36 pm
- 4:49 pm
- 5:45 pm
- 5:48 pm
- 7:46 pm
- 9:15 pm
- 10:27 pm
- 10:32 pm
- 10:43 pm
- 11:59 pm
- 11:01 pm
- 11:34 pm
- 11:33 pm