Read a poem. Hear a poem. Write a poem.
To celebrate National Poetry Month, the U-M Institute for the Humanities launched “Poetry Blast,” a multi-platform exhibition that includes “pop-up poems” around campus and in downtown Ann Arbor, “noon poems” read by faculty poets, and daily prompts for audience participation.
An ages-old care and learning concept gets technology upgrade and international collaboration. With help from the Center for Academic Innovation, a team from the Medical School created a program for virtual patient rounds using Microsoft HoloLens2 XR technology so students could continue to learn from the hands-on experience.
In 2010, U-M alum Clara Hardie co-founded the nonprofit Detroit Youth Volume to make classical music training utilizing the Suzuki method more accessible to children from all backgrounds. She provides scholarships to those who need them to cover instruments, music and materials, transportation support for parents in the form of a monthly gas gift card, tickets to local performances.
world-class robotics complex
As robots and autonomous systems are poised to become part of our everyday lives, the University of Michigan and Ford Motor Co. are opening a one-of-a-kind facility where they’ll develop robots and roboticists that help make lives better, keep people safer and build a more equitable society.
- Maize & Blueprint — Current Campus Status
U-M vaccination update
Vaccination clinics at the Michigan Athletics Indoor Training Facility and Meijer will now be administering the two-dose Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine — and some other clinics have been canceled. There are appointments remaining for U-M students, faculty and staff to schedule to receive their Pfizer COVID-19 vaccination.Learn about vaccine options
Campus Maize & Blueprint
The University of Michigan’s comprehensive plan incorporates public health guidance, lessons learned from the fall and extensive feedback from our community. Many new safety measures and additional resources have been developed to protect and support our students, faculty and staff.
- All community members who enter U-M buildings or attend on-campus events are required to show their ResponsiBLUE daily symptom checker results. Students must also display their weekly testing status.
- U-M’s free weekly COVID-19 testing program is available for all students, faculty and staff on the Ann Arbor campus and meets the mandatory testing requirements for students on campus.
- All individuals over the age of 16 are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccination in Michigan. Learn how you can find a vaccination location near you to schedule an appointment.
- Stability, security at risk for half of children in shared households
- SAPAC, CAPS form care team for student sexual misconduct survivors
- Suicide among female nurses is double that of the general female population
- ER visits for suicidal behavior declined during first 8 months of pandemic
- Private sector action may be linchpin to conservative support on climate change
- WATCH: The impact of fluctuating Great Lakes water levels
- Michigan Minds: Exploring how the pandemic has impacted 'third places'
- Michigan coronavirus dashboard to include disparities, vaccination data
- The last time a vaccine saved America
- Ready or not, the era of corporate political responsibility is upon us
In The News
- Los Angeles Times An 800% markup for blood work? It's time to standardize medical test prices
- Chicago Tribune COVID-19 is much deadlier in Brazil than India and no one knows why
- National Public Radio 'Monoclonal antibodies' can keep coronavirus in check, but won't stem Michigan surge
- Vogue Michigan was my pandemic refuge—How did it get so scary?
Happening @ Michigan
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) events may have been moved online, rescheduled, or canceled. Visit Happening@Michigan for updates.
- Apr 16 Let's Get Vaccinated
- Apr 16 Virtual Drag Bingo: You Made It!
- Apr 16 Pan-African Pulp: A Commission by Meleko Mokgosi
- Apr 16 Poetry Blast: Noon Poems
- Apr 17 Korean Cinema NOW | House of Hummingbird/ 벌새
All Michigan, all the time
There’s always something amazing happening at Michigan. Whether it’s on campus or around the world, our students, faculty, staff and alumni are out seizing the day. A sampling of images captured over the years is shown in the gallery below.
- 10:46 am
- 10:10 am
- 10:28 am
- 10:56 am
- 10:57 am
- 10:18 am
- 10:44 am
- 10:15 am
- 10:10 am
- 10:02 am
- 10:14 am
- 10:58 am
- 10:10 am
- 10:12 am
- 11:18 am
- 11:29 am
- 11:40 am
- 12:16 pm
- 12:17 pm
- 12:27 pm
- 1:29 pm
- 1:41 pm
- 1:40 pm
- 3:34 pm
- 3:12 pm
- 3:47 pm
- 5:25 pm
- 5:33 pm
- 7:38 pm
- 11:34 pm