EV battery testing
Testing the longevity of new electric vehicle battery designs could be four times faster with a streamlined approach, researchers at U-M have shown. Their optimization framework could drastically reduce the cost of assessing how battery configurations will perform over the long haul.
Through the Michigan College Advising Corps a diverse group of recent U-M graduates works full-time as college advisers in under-served high schools throughout the state of Michigan to help students navigate every aspect of the college application process and identify their best fit among post-secondary options.
New drug delivery
A new study from U-M describes one of the first entirely new drug delivery microencapsulation approaches in decades. Microencapsulation in biodegradable polymers allows drugs such as peptide therapeutics to be released over time in the body.
The Detroit Riverfront Conservancy was created in 2003 with the mission of developing access on the Detroit River. The entire vision is 5.5 miles of riverfront from the Ambassador Bridge to Gabriel Richard Park just east of the Belle Isle Bridge, and includes the construction of a continuous RiverWalk along with plazas, pavilions and green spaces.
Campus COVID-19 Response
The University of Michigan has COVID-19 policies and guidance in place to support robust in-person experiences for our students, faculty and staff.
- University updates COVID-19 website and dashboard
- AI could help patients with chronic pain avoid opioids
- Anonymous reporting systems in schools can reduce violence, increase student connectedness
- Exterior demolition begins at Fleming Administration Building
- Local renewable energy employment can fully replace U.S. coal jobs nationwide
- This is Michigan: Giving veterans something to smile about
- Opinion: Why the FBI searching Trump's Mar-a-Lago home may be a sign of things to come
- Q&A: How will the pending budget bill reduce drug prices for Americans?
- Q&A: Monkeypox symptoms, spread
- Commentary: Why flexible thinking is key when it comes to reaching our well-being goals
In The News
- The Hill 1 in 3 parents worry that school traffic endangers their kids: U-M poll
- Reuters Abortion bans limit training options for some future US physicians
- Michigan Radio Thousands of Michigan children are eligible for free school meals. Here's how you can make sure your kid gets theirs.
- Detroit Free Press Kids struggle to get effective asthma treatments in hotspots of Detroit, Wayne County
Happening @ Michigan
- Aug 16 Tales of the Maya Skies
- Aug 17 UROP 2022-2023 Rising Sophomore Applications Open
- Aug 17 Shared Humanity
- Aug 20 Science Forum Demos
- Aug 16
- Aug 17
- Aug 18-19
- Aug 19
- Aug 29
All Michigan, all the time
There’s always something amazing happening at Michigan. Whether it’s on campus or around the world, our students, faculty, staff and alumni are out seizing the day. A sampling of images captured over the years is shown in the gallery below.
- 9:08 am
- 9:01 am
- 9:16 am
- 9:20 am
- 9:34 am
- 9:22 am
- 9:50 am
- 9:47 am
- 10:56 am
- 10:57 am
- 10:18 am
- 10:12 am
- 11:25 am
- 11:48 am
- 12:31 pm
- 1:41 pm
- 2:31 pm
- 2:19 pm
- 2:42 pm
- 4:33 pm
- 4:51 pm
- 4:37 pm
- 4:55 pm
- 5:25 pm
- 6:35 pm
- 6:40 pm
- 6:54 pm
- 7:35 pm
- 7:52 pm
- 8:10 pm