Illuminated 9/11 halftime tribute
In a dazzling presentation from start to finish, the Michigan Marching Band’s Sept. 11 halftime show on Saturday commemorated the 20th anniversary of the terrorist attacks. The stadium erupted in applause as the marching band’s members spelled out the word “heroes” to start the show while launching into John Williams’ “Summon The Heroes.”
Michigan Clovis Site Discovered
An independent researcher along with University of Michigan researchers have identified a 13,000-year-old Clovis camp site, now thought to be the earliest archaeological site in Michigan. Clovis groups are identified by their unique spear points.
The excitement in the air in Ann Arbor is palpable. U-M students are back in town and ready to start the new school year. There are a variety of Welcome Week events happening across campus to help students get back into the swing of things. Go Blue! #WelcomeHome
Microphones are perhaps the most common electronic sensor in the world, with an estimated 320 million listening for our commands in smart speakers. The trouble is that they’re capable of hearing everything else, too. A team of U-M researchers has developed a system that can inform a smart home—or listen for the signal that would turn on a smart speaker—without eavesdropping on audible sound.
- Maize & Blueprint — Current Campus Status
Raoul Wallenberg Fellowship
In its 10 years of existence, the Raoul Wallenberg Fellowship at U-M has become one of the most prestigious self-designed, independent study-abroad projects for students. From Kenya and India to South Africa and Peru, nine U-M graduating seniors—one each year since 2013 have had the opportunity to study abroad, immerse themselves in a new culture and go beyond a purely academic experience.Read The Story
Campus Maize & Blueprint
The University of Michigan’s comprehensive plan incorporates public health guidance, lessons learned and extensive feedback from our community. Many safety measures are in place to support a robust in-person experience for our students, faculty and staff.
- All community members who enter U-M buildings or attend on-campus events are required to complete the ResponsiBLUE daily symptom check.
- U-M’s free weekly COVID-19 testing program is available for all students, faculty and staff on the Ann Arbor campus and meets the mandatory testing requirements for those who are not fully vaccinated on campus.
- All students, faculty and staff on the three U-M campuses, as well as at Michigan Medicine, are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and to submit their vaccination information to the university.
- U-M ADVANCE works to improve faculty diversity through hiring
- Municipal takeover in Michigan: A rational response to financial distress, or something else?
- Wallenberg Fellowship celebrates decade of 'transformational experiences' abroad
- Love & data: New exhibition explores bias, inequality within AI systems
- COVID-19 disproportionately impacted Michigan health care, service workers early in pandemic
- Is Michigan recruiting for the best job in higher ed?
- U-M Concussion Center teams with Detroit schools to develop student-athlete concussion toolkit
- After a summer of weather horrors, adapting to climate change is an imperative
- State IDs and driver's licenses are vital to Michiganders' health
- Don't rush FDA's vaping products review: The process must be based in evidence, not politics
In The News
- PBS NewsHour There's no evidence COVID-19 vaccines hurt fertility. Here's what's fueling the myth
- Detroit Free Press How Michigan businesses are reacting, and preparing for President Biden's vaccine mandate
- CNBC House Democrats' capital gains tax proposal is better for the super rich than Biden plan
- U.S. News & World Report Turning 65 brings big health care cost savings, study finds
Happening @ Michigan
- Sep 17 International Coffee Hour
- Sep 17 Michigan Marrow Donor Day Dash
- Sep 17 U-M Food Drive for Food Gatherers
- Sep 17 Pan-African Pulp: A Commission by Meleko Mokgosi
- Sep 17 Return to U-M: Pause, Reflect, Redefine and Recover
- Sep 20 Rise and Shine
- Oct 18-19
- Nov 23
- Nov 29
- Dec 10
- Dec 11-12
All Michigan, all the time
There’s always something amazing happening at Michigan. Whether it’s on campus or around the world, our students, faculty, staff and alumni are out seizing the day. A sampling of images captured over the years is shown in the gallery below.
- 5:25 pm
- 5:33 pm
- 5:42 pm
- 5:45 pm
- 5:46 pm
- 5:48 pm
- 6:07 pm
- 6:04 pm
- 6:20 pm
- 6:35 pm
- 6:40 pm
- 6:18 pm
- 7:35 pm
- 7:46 pm
- 7:55 pm
- 7:37 pm
- 7:38 pm
- 7:44 pm
- 8:10 pm
- 9:15 pm
- 9:13 pm
- 9:24 pm
- 9:51 pm
- 10:27 pm
- 10:32 pm
- 10:43 pm
- 11:59 pm
- 11:01 pm
- 11:34 pm
- 11:33 pm