Hail! Class of 2021
Congratulations to all of the U-M students who earned their degrees this spring. We appreciate the work you have done to earn a University of Michigan degree, and the sacrifices made by you and your families. #MGoGrad
Hail! Class of 2021
To honor the University of Michigan Class of 2021, undergraduate students from the U-M Penny W. Stamps School of Art & Design created a chalk paint mural on the street outside of the Rackham Graduate School.
She has crutches like me!
A young patient’s reaction to a Super Bowl commercial featuring gold medalist and double amputee Jessica Long goes viral, leads to Zoom introduction.
View 3D exhibit from home
“Whale Evolution: From Land to Sea” is an immersive exploration into the unusual evolution and adaptation of whales, whose ancient ancestors walked on land. The exhibit, developed in partnership with Ann Arbor-based Saganworks, invites audiences to learn more about Maiacetus, Dorudon and Basilosaurus, three prehistoric whales whose skeletons are on view at the museum.
Campus Maize & Blueprint
The University of Michigan’s comprehensive plan incorporates public health guidance, lessons learned from the fall and extensive feedback from our community. Many new safety measures and additional resources have been developed to protect and support our students, faculty and staff.
- All community members who enter U-M buildings or attend on-campus events are required to show their ResponsiBLUE daily symptom checker results. Students must also display their weekly testing status.
- U-M’s free weekly COVID-19 testing program is available for all students, faculty and staff on the Ann Arbor campus and meets the mandatory testing requirements for students on campus.
- All individuals over the age of 16 are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccination in Michigan. Learn how you can find a vaccination location near you to schedule an appointment.
- Unit leaders will determine gradual employee return-to-campus plans
- State House proposal would slash budget for Ann Arbor campus
- University sourcing electricity from new wind parks
- Livingston Award finalists move to final round of judging
- More youth report concussions since 2016, U-M study shows
- This is Michigan: U-M program builds bridge for diverse STEM doctorates
- Michigan Minds: Understanding and addressing climate change
- COVID-19 vaccine: Understanding herd immunity, vaccine hesitancy
- Michigan Minds: The Great Lakes Water level and where we go from here
- Is FDA's cigarette ban just smoke and menthols?
In The News
- HealthDay HPV vaccination rates low for young adults
- Inside Higher Ed More discussion than action: Racial justice on campus
- Business Standard (India) What the Gates divorce means for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Detroit Free Press Michigan restaurants desperate to hire workers, offer incentives, but workers not biting
Happening @ Michigan
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) events may have been moved online, rescheduled, or canceled. Visit Happening@Michigan for updates.
- May 8 Changing Gears Application Open
- May 8 UROP Rising Sophomore Applications Open
- May 8 Space Symposium 2021
- May 12 North Campus Mindfulness Meditation Drop-In (Online)
- May 31
- Jun 21
- Jun 22-23
- Jun 24-25
- Jun 25
All Michigan, all the time
There’s always something amazing happening at Michigan. Whether it’s on campus or around the world, our students, faculty, staff and alumni are out seizing the day. A sampling of images captured over the years is shown in the gallery below.
- 8:35 am
- 8:42 am
- 8:32 am
- 8:11 am
- 8:31 am
- 9:34 am
- 9:50 am
- 10:02 am
- 10:14 am
- 10:10 am
- 11:29 am
- 12:34 pm
- 12:57 pm
- 12:08 pm
- 12:27 pm
- 12:10 pm
- 2:21 pm
- 2:59 pm
- 2:19 pm
- 3:47 pm
- 3:12 pm
- 3:36 pm
- 4:15 pm
- 4:35 pm
- 4:47 pm
- 5:48 pm
- 6:07 pm
- 6:04 pm
- 6:35 pm
- 6:54 pm