Illuminated 9/11 halftime tribute
In a dazzling presentation from start to finish, the Michigan Marching Band’s Sept. 11 halftime show on Saturday commemorated the 20th anniversary of the terrorist attacks. The stadium erupted in applause as the marching band’s members spelled out the word “heroes” to start the show while launching into John Williams’ “Summon The Heroes.”
Michigan Clovis Site Discovered
An independent researcher along with University of Michigan researchers have identified a 13,000-year-old Clovis camp site, now thought to be the earliest archaeological site in Michigan. Clovis groups are identified by their unique spear points.
The excitement in the air in Ann Arbor is palpable. U-M students are back in town and ready to start the new school year. There are a variety of Welcome Week events happening across campus to help students get back into the swing of things. Go Blue! #WelcomeHome
Microphones are perhaps the most common electronic sensor in the world, with an estimated 320 million listening for our commands in smart speakers. The trouble is that they’re capable of hearing everything else, too. A team of U-M researchers has developed a system that can inform a smart home—or listen for the signal that would turn on a smart speaker—without eavesdropping on audible sound.
- Maize & Blueprint — Current Campus Status
Raoul Wallenberg Fellowship
In its 10 years of existence, the Raoul Wallenberg Fellowship at U-M has become one of the most prestigious self-designed, independent study-abroad projects for students. From Kenya and India to South Africa and Peru, nine U-M graduating seniors—one each year since 2013 have had the opportunity to study abroad, immerse themselves in a new culture and go beyond a purely academic experience.Read The Story
Campus Maize & Blueprint
The University of Michigan’s comprehensive plan incorporates public health guidance, lessons learned and extensive feedback from our community. Many safety measures are in place to support a robust in-person experience for our students, faculty and staff.
- All community members who enter U-M buildings or attend on-campus events are required to complete the ResponsiBLUE daily symptom check.
- U-M’s free weekly COVID-19 testing program is available for all students, faculty and staff on the Ann Arbor campus and meets the mandatory testing requirements for those who are not fully vaccinated on campus.
- All students, faculty and staff on the three U-M campuses, as well as at Michigan Medicine, are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and to submit their vaccination information to the university.
- Professor behind breakthrough tools for weather data, education wins annual U-M innovation award
- U-M ADVANCE works to improve faculty diversity through hiring
- Municipal takeover in Michigan: A rational response to financial distress, or something else?
- Wallenberg Fellowship celebrates decade of 'transformational experiences' abroad
- Love & data: New exhibition explores bias, inequality within AI systems
- Michigan Minds: COVID-19 special series
- Where we've been, where we are & where we're going on Constitution Day
- Is Michigan recruiting for the best job in higher ed?
- U-M Concussion Center teams with Detroit schools to develop student-athlete concussion toolkit
- State IDs and driver's licenses are vital to Michiganders' health
In The News
- Michigan Radio MDHHS data: Preliminary correlation showing higher case rates in counties where school districts are not masking
- MLive More powerful than a Greek god's lightning bolt: University of Michigan's ZEUS Laser is strongest in US
- Bloomberg TV US consumer sentiment rises as buying conditions deteriorate
- Crain's Detroit Business Unhealthy numbers: Hospitals shut down beds as staffing woes reach critical mass
Happening @ Michigan
- Sep 18 U-M Food Drive for Food Gatherers
- Sep 18 Michigan Marrow Donor Day Dash
- Sep 20 Rise and Shine
- Sep 22 North Campus Mindfulness Meditation Drop-In (Online)
- Sep 22 TMC Flourish Series
- Sep 23 U-M Farm Stand
- Oct 18-19
- Nov 23
- Nov 29
- Dec 10
- Dec 11-12
All Michigan, all the time
There’s always something amazing happening at Michigan. Whether it’s on campus or around the world, our students, faculty, staff and alumni are out seizing the day. A sampling of images captured over the years is shown in the gallery below.
- 9:22 am
- 10:10 am
- 10:18 am
- 10:14 am
- 11:25 am
- 11:53 am
- 11:04 am
- 11:29 am
- 11:48 am
- 12:31 pm
- 2:59 pm
- 3:38 pm
- 3:47 pm
- 4:49 pm
- 4:30 pm
- 5:42 pm
- 6:04 pm
- 7:55 pm
- 7:37 pm
- 9:15 pm
- 9:13 pm
- 9:24 pm
- 9:51 pm
- 10:27 pm
- 10:32 pm
- 10:43 pm
- 11:59 pm
- 11:01 pm
- 11:34 pm
- 11:33 pm