A parliament of owls
Are you wondering WHOOO took first place and is thereby named the Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology’s photographer at large for 2019—2020? Look no further than graduate student John David Curlis, who was on the prowl for owls with camera in tow when this parliament serendipitously peeked from their arboreal nest.
Helping K-5 Students Thrive Online
K-5 teachers and students throughout Michigan are building thriving learning communities online by using free deeply-digital, standards-aligned curricula and platform developed by the U-M Center for Digital Curricula. The center’s highly-interactive, inquiry-oriented, colorful, visual curricula engages students and supports synchronous collaboration, whether they are at home or at their school.
Wolverine Culture of Care
To provide the best campus experience possible in the context of this historic threat to the health and well-being of all, we understand that consistently making safe and healthy choices to keep the entire community as safe as possible is a collective responsibility shared by students, faculty, staff and Ann Arbor residents.
Transparent solar panels for windows
In a step closer to skyscrapers that serve as power sources, a team led by University of Michigan researchers has set a new efficiency record for color-neutral, transparent solar cells.
- Maize & Blueprint — Current Campus Status
In this video, Emily Martin, associate professor of epidemiology , who is guiding the development of the U-M COVID-19 Community Sampling and Tracking program, describes its intent. The purpose of the opt-in, voluntary program is to monitor levels of COVID-19 in the community of people who are symptomatic and to help U-M better target interventions.Learn more about this program
Our Fall Semester Plans
The University of Michigan is offering an innovative, public health-informed, in-person semester this fall. In order to make this possible, there are many new health and safety measures taking place across the U-M campus to protect our students, faculty and staff.
- Stay up-to-date on the most recent messages from leadership, major announcements and campus status information on our Campus Maize & Blueprint site.
Living + Learning
- Learn how campus life at U-M has been reimagined for the fall — everything from course formats and the academic calendar to the use of space in classrooms, dorms and dining halls.
Health + Safety
- Discover how U-M students, faculty and staff are Taking Care of Maize & Blue by following safety measures to keep their friends, family and communities healthy during these challenging times.
- Michigan Medicine team separates conjoined twins
- U-M to increase its capacity for asymptomatic COVID-19 testing
- U-M ranked No. 1 public university in U.S., 23rd overall
- Parents get 'incomplete' grade on pandemic homeschooling
- Dramatic increases in vaping marijuana, nicotine among US college students, young adults
- Commentary: A conservative judge just made it even harder to stop COVID
- Q&A: Bailout of financial sector during Great Recession was a bad deal for taxpayers
- Commentary: Even the Republican 'skinny' relief bill failed. How is such unnecessary suffering justified?
- The Conversation: Teens want COVID-19 advice that gives them safe ways to socialize—not just rules for what they can't do
- U-M study aims to clarify 'communities of interest' as Michigan prepares for legislative redistricting
In The News
- Michigan Advance Here's why Michigan's COVID-19 fatality rate has fallen—for now
- Marketplace Comparing Biden's and Trump's economic policies
- Detroit Free Press University of Michigan celebrates 90th birthday of pioneering African American professor
- Second Wave Michigan health care workers grapple with stress and trauma during pandemic
Happening @ Michigan
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) events may have been moved online, rescheduled, or canceled. Visit Happening@Michigan for updates.
- Oct 1 OUTx | Ross Coming Out Week 2020
- Sep 20 Welcome to Michigan Ambassadors
- Sep 21 Film Screening | Artist Spotlight Series: Gariné Torossian
- Sep 21 21-Day Racial Equity Challenge
- Sep 23 Maize and Blue Cupboard North Campus Distribution
- Oct 7 Speaking American English: A Workshop for English Language Learners
- Nov 21
- Nov 30
- Dec 8
- Dec 9, 12-13
- Dec 10-11, 14-18
All Michigan, all the time
There’s always something amazing happening at Michigan. Whether it’s on campus or around the world, our students, faculty, staff and alumni are out seizing the day. A sampling of images captured over the years is shown in the gallery below.
- 4:15 pm
- 4:01 pm
- 4:35 pm
- 4:47 pm
- 4:49 pm
- 4:37 pm
- 4:55 pm
- 4:30 pm
- 5:25 pm
- 5:33 pm
- 5:42 pm
- 5:45 pm
- 5:46 pm
- 5:48 pm
- 6:07 pm
- 6:04 pm
- 6:20 pm
- 6:35 pm
- 6:40 pm
- 6:18 pm
- 7:35 pm
- 7:46 pm
- 7:55 pm
- 8:10 pm
- 9:24 pm
- 9:51 pm
- 10:32 pm
- 10:43 pm
- 11:01 pm
- 11:33 pm