This is how you feed potential
Food insecurity is top of mind these days, thanks to the economic devastation wrought by COVID-19. Feeding America statistics show from the beginning of March 2020 through the end of June, food banks nationwide distributed more than 1.9 billion meals to people facing hunger in the United States.
chimps prioritize positive relationships
Humans prioritize close, positive relationships during aging, which can support physical and mental health. But these social aging behaviors are also found in wild chimpanzees, who seek interactions with other group members in increasingly positive ways as they get older, according to a new study.
Finding belonging on campus
While Lydia Pinkham’s journey to Ann Arbor may be uncommon, the story of how she found success on campus is resoundingly familiar. Pinkham served in the United States Coast Guard as a Petty Officer Machinery Technician Second Class. She was stationed in Seattle, Virginia, and Florida, and deployed for missions to places like the Bering Sea and the Central Pacific along Central and South America.
Of Splendid Ability
Canadian by birth and a graduate of Flint High School, Mary Henrietta Graham’s accomplishments went far beyond being the first Black woman to enroll at Michigan.
- Maize & Blueprint — Current Campus Status
Winter Term 2021 Plan
The University of Michigan has developed a comprehensive plan for Winter Term incorporating public health guidance, lessons learned from the Fall Semester and extensive feedback and engagement with the community.Learn more about the plan
Campus Maize & Blueprint
The University of Michigan is offering an innovative, public health-informed semester. In order to make this possible, there are many new health and safety measures taking place across the U-M campus to protect our students, faculty and staff.
- Stay up-to-date on the most recent messages from leadership, major announcements and campus status information on our Campus Maize & Blueprint site.
Living + Learning
- Learn how campus life at U-M has been reimagined — everything from course formats and the academic calendar to the use of space in classrooms, dorms and dining halls.
Health + Safety
- Discover how U-M students, faculty and staff are Taking Care of Maize & Blue by following safety measures to keep their friends, family and communities healthy during these challenging times.
- Consumer sentiment: Turning ‘Bah Humbug’ into ‘Happy Holidays’
- Eight U-M scientists, engineers named 2020 AAAS fellows
- Lab courses balance hands-on learning, safety during COVID-19
- LSA student named 2021 Rhodes Scholar
- Michigan slowly emerges from COVID-19 recession, income inequality concerns rise
- U-M student raises 30K to build school in Malawi
- U-M dives into new project highlighting Detroit River stories
- Michigan Medicine: Safe holiday season during the COVID-19
- U-M, community partners tackle energy insecurity in three Detroit neighborhoods
- Commentary: Biden’s transition teams mix centrists and progressives. But keep an eye on this obscure White House office.
In The News
- Yahoo News How to celebrate Thanksgiving without erasing the 'exploitation and genocide' of Native American people
- The Hill One third of parents say Thanksgiving with family is worth the risk of COVID-19
- New York Times GM drops its support for Trump climate rollbacks and aligns with Biden
- New York Times The risks of another epidemic: Teenage vaping
Happening @ Michigan
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) events may have been moved online, rescheduled, or canceled. Visit Happening@Michigan for updates.
- Dec 1 CoderSpaces (Tuesdays)
- Dec 1 LSA Bonderman Fellowship Info Session
- Dec 2 Community College Summer Research Fellowship Info Sessions
- Dec 3 CoderSpaces (Thursdays)
- Dec 4 La Tertulia Virtual
- Dec 7 International Institute Webinar. The MIRS Advantage — Masters in International and Regional Studies
- Nov 30
- Dec 8
- Dec 9, 12-13
- Dec 10-11, 14-18
- Jan 18
All Michigan, all the time
There’s always something amazing happening at Michigan. Whether it’s on campus or around the world, our students, faculty, staff and alumni are out seizing the day. A sampling of images captured over the years is shown in the gallery below.
- 10:10 am
- 10:02 am
- 10:58 am
- 10:10 am
- 12:17 pm
- 2:16 pm
- 2:31 pm
- 2:54 pm
- 3:38 pm
- 3:47 pm
- 4:15 pm
- 4:49 pm
- 5:42 pm
- 5:46 pm
- 6:04 pm
- 6:35 pm
- 6:40 pm
- 6:18 pm
- 8:10 pm
- 9:15 pm
- 9:13 pm
- 9:24 pm
- 9:51 pm
- 10:27 pm
- 10:32 pm
- 10:43 pm
- 11:59 pm
- 11:01 pm
- 11:34 pm
- 11:33 pm