3D motion tracking system
A new real-time, 3D motion tracking system developed at the University of Michigan combines transparent light detectors with advanced neural network methods to create a system that could one day replace LiDAR and cameras in autonomous technologies.
U-M extends Go Blue Guarantee
U-M will extend the Go Blue Guarantee — its landmark promise of up to four years of free tuition for qualifying Michigan residents — to the Dearborn and Flint campuses. The Board of Regents voted June 17 to broaden the commitment to the two regional campuses during its meeting to determine the 2021-2022 fiscal year budget.
U-M peony garden
Following a pandemic year in which visitors were asked to stay away, the nearly century-old peony garden in the University of Michigan's Nichols Arboretum welcomed them back with a banner bloom year.
A collaboration between the Michigan State Youth Soccer Association (MSYSA) and the U-M School of Public Health helped get teams back on the field with pandemic precautions. U-M experts created a Return to Play Phased Activity Chart for MSYSA which outlines important details and protocols for teams, coaches and parents.
Campus Maize & Blueprint
The University of Michigan’s comprehensive plan incorporates public health guidance, lessons learned from the fall and extensive feedback from our community. Many new safety measures and additional resources have been developed to protect and support our students, faculty and staff.
- All community members who enter U-M buildings or attend on-campus events are required to show their ResponsiBLUE daily symptom checker results. Students must also display their weekly testing status.
- U-M’s free weekly COVID-19 testing program is available for all students, faculty and staff on the Ann Arbor campus and meets the mandatory testing requirements for students on campus.
- All individuals over the age of 12 are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccination in Michigan. All members of the U-M community are strongly encouraged to self-report their vaccination information. Learn how to self-report or find a vaccination location.
- 'Doomsday Glacier' may be more stable than initially feared
- Award-winning Broadway actor named chair of U-M's musical theater program
- Fear of separation impacts how Latinx parents talk with children about immigration issues
- New Biosciences Initiative award recognizes mid-career excellence
- First demonstration of Mcity's test concept for highly automated vehicles
- Juneteenth becomes a federal holiday as the country still grapples with racism, injustice
- How do you persuade skeptics to get vaccinated? Trust matters more than information.
- How conversations about race can help Black parents improve adolescents' psychological outcomes
- Pool of retired and nonworking emergency nurses could be recruited in a disaster
- Integrating multiple models can provide best control of pandemic as states reopen
In The News
- Michigan Radio U-M researchers find changes in birds' physical forms and migration not connected
- CNBC Biden's top tax rate on capital gains, dividends would be among highest in developed world
- Detroit News Most segregated city in America is Detroit. How that impacts Detroiters
- The Atlantic Thank your partner more
Happening @ Michigan
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) events may have been moved online, rescheduled, or canceled. Visit Happening@Michigan for updates.
- Jun 22 Personal Statements 101: Let's Talk Shop
- Jun 22 Alumni Relations Council — Volunteer Onboarding and Training: The Beginning of Lifelong Engagement
- Jun 23 University Unions Virtual Student Job Fair
- Jun 24 Unsettling Histories: Legacies of Slavery and Colonialism
- Jun 22 2021 International Symposium on Transportation Data and Modelling (ISTDM)
- Jun 22 Become a UROP Research Mentor
- Jun 21
- Jun 22-23
- Jun 24-25
- Jun 25
- Jun 30
All Michigan, all the time
There’s always something amazing happening at Michigan. Whether it’s on campus or around the world, our students, faculty, staff and alumni are out seizing the day. A sampling of images captured over the years is shown in the gallery below.
- 8:35 am
- 8:42 am
- 8:32 am
- 8:11 am
- 8:31 am
- 9:20 am
- 9:47 am
- 10:46 am
- 10:10 am
- 10:57 am
- 10:15 am
- 10:02 am
- 11:25 am
- 11:00 am
- 11:04 am
- 1:29 pm
- 1:41 pm
- 2:54 pm
- 3:58 pm
- 3:47 pm
- 3:05 pm
- 3:12 pm
- 3:47 pm
- 4:01 pm
- 4:47 pm
- 4:55 pm
- 4:30 pm
- 5:25 pm
- 5:45 pm
- 6:07 pm