Project Healthy Schools is a community and U-M collaboration designed to reduce childhood obesity and improve the current and future health of Michigan's youth.
Management as a calling
University of Michigan Ross professor, Andy Hoffman, recently took a cohort of business students to U-M’s Biological Station on Douglas Lake in Northern Michigan. The goal for the lakeside retreat: to remove distractions, encourage reflection, and embrace a moral compass to explore professions that promote commerce and serve society.
At his first Leadership Welcome, President Santa J. Ono shared details about the strategic vision that will define the first few years of his presidency. He outlined transformative initiatives ranging from efforts to amplify U-M’s research and scholarship activity to new opportunities for staff development; and from new sustainability developments to socially conscious investing.
Great Lakes Climate Migration
Communities in the Great Lakes region need to start planning now for a future that may include “climate migrants” who leave behind increasingly frequent natural disasters in other parts of the country. And user-friendly web-based tools can be a central part of that planning process.
Campus Health Response
The University of Michigan has COVID-19 policies and guidance in place to support robust in-person experiences for our students, faculty and staff.
- FBI Director Christopher Wray to speak at Ford School of Public Policy
- Plastic to metal, steel to aluminum—the future of welding and lightweight vehicles
- Virtual panel to discuss impact of Michigan's redistricting efforts on 2022 midterms
- High interest rates, stock market turmoil add to consumer worries
- University reports new inventions, startups during FY '22
- U-M launches comprehensive firearm injury prevention open online course
- The Conversation: Where did the Earth's oxygen come from? New study hints at an unexpected source
- Opinion: Why are lots of kids likely to be sick this holiday season?
- Opinion: Why are Germans losing enthusiasm for helping Ukraine?
- Michigan Today podcast: Harvest at the campus farm
In The News
- MLive E-superbike built by University of Michigan students reaching 160 mph speeds
- Detroit News Dreaming of a wet Christmas? Michigan likely to deliver
- Wall Street Journal Layoffs create pitfalls for finance executives looking to cut costs
- Reuters Fact check-election graphs published by Mike Lindell do not indicate US voter fraud
Happening @ Michigan
- Dec 1 Day With(out) Art — Film Screening
- Dec 1 COP27 Talk Back
- Jan 6 UMix
- Dec 1 Undergraduate Robotics Pathways and Careers Speaker Series
- Jan 20 UMix
All Michigan, all the time
There’s always something amazing happening at Michigan. Whether it’s on campus or around the world, our students, faculty, staff and alumni are out seizing the day. A sampling of images captured over the years is shown in the gallery below.
- 3:38 pm
- 3:58 pm
- 3:34 pm
- 3:47 pm
- 3:47 pm
- 3:47 pm
- 3:05 pm
- 3:12 pm
- 3:29 pm
- 3:37 pm
- 3:47 pm
- 3:36 pm
- 3:16 pm
- 4:15 pm
- 4:51 pm
- 4:47 pm
- 4:55 pm
- 4:30 pm
- 6:04 pm
- 6:20 pm
- 6:40 pm
- 6:54 pm
- 7:55 pm
- 7:44 pm
- 8:10 pm
- 9:15 pm
- 9:51 pm
- 10:27 pm
- 10:43 pm
- 11:01 pm