Read a poem. Hear a poem. Write a poem.
To celebrate National Poetry Month, the U-M Institute for the Humanities launched “Poetry Blast,” a multi-platform exhibition that includes “pop-up poems” around campus and in downtown Ann Arbor, “noon poems” read by faculty poets, and daily prompts for audience participation.
An ages-old care and learning concept gets technology upgrade and international collaboration. With help from the Center for Academic Innovation, a team from the Medical School created a program for virtual patient rounds using Microsoft HoloLens2 XR technology so students could continue to learn from the hands-on experience.
In 2010, U-M alum Clara Hardie co-founded the nonprofit Detroit Youth Volume to make classical music training utilizing the Suzuki method more accessible to children from all backgrounds. She provides scholarships to those who need them to cover instruments, music and materials, transportation support for parents in the form of a monthly gas gift card, tickets to local performances.
world-class robotics complex
As robots and autonomous systems are poised to become part of our everyday lives, the University of Michigan and Ford Motor Co. are opening a one-of-a-kind facility where they’ll develop robots and roboticists that help make lives better, keep people safer and build a more equitable society.
- Maize & Blueprint — Current Campus Status
Don’t miss your shot
U-M students are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine at any available vaccination location. Find out how to schedule your appointment at Michigan Stadium or local partners. We strongly encourage you to make an appointment as soon as possible.Find a vaccine appointment
Campus Maize & Blueprint
The University of Michigan’s comprehensive plan incorporates public health guidance, lessons learned from the fall and extensive feedback from our community. Many new safety measures and additional resources have been developed to protect and support our students, faculty and staff.
- All community members who enter U-M buildings or attend on-campus events are required to show their ResponsiBLUE daily symptom checker results. Students must also display their weekly testing status.
- U-M’s free weekly COVID-19 testing program is available for all students, faculty and staff on the Ann Arbor campus and meets the mandatory testing requirements for students on campus.
- All individuals over the age of 16 are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccination in Michigan. Learn how you can find a vaccination location near you to schedule an appointment.
- Private sector action may be linchpin to conservative support on climate change
- Fruits, veggies could help young adults improve sleep
- Historian, sociologist receive prestigious Guggenheim Fellowships
- Ford School to expand social policy, equity work, thanks to Kohn Charitable Trust
- U-M physics group collaborated on landmark Fermilab Muon-g2 experiment
- Ready or not, the era of corporate political responsibility is upon us
- Law School's Kate Andrias appointed to Presidential Commission on the Supreme Court of the United States
- Black and Latinx arts community still left behind after stimulus
- Student commentary: To build energy resilience in Michigan, we must challenge DTE
- There's another way to pay for infrastructure projects
In The News
- Michigan Radio Detroit ramps up efforts to boost lagging vaccination rates
- WEMU Radio U-M medical historian says it appears history is repeating itself In our current pandemic
- MLive As Michigan's coronavirus cases surge, experts say it's hard to pinpoint an exact cause
- Business Insider Johnson & Johnson had a very bad week — but fears of negative reactions and blood clots are likely overblown
Happening @ Michigan
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) events may have been moved online, rescheduled, or canceled. Visit Happening@Michigan for updates.
- Apr 13 Pan-African Pulp: A Commission by Meleko Mokgosi
- Apr 14 Total Body Strength
All Michigan, all the time
There’s always something amazing happening at Michigan. Whether it’s on campus or around the world, our students, faculty, staff and alumni are out seizing the day. A sampling of images captured over the years is shown in the gallery below.
- 9:08 am
- 9:01 am
- 9:16 am
- 9:20 am
- 9:34 am
- 9:22 am
- 9:50 am
- 9:47 am
- 10:56 am
- 10:57 am
- 10:44 am
- 10:15 am
- 11:29 am
- 12:16 pm
- 12:08 pm
- 12:17 pm
- 12:30 pm
- 2:54 pm
- 2:59 pm
- 3:38 pm
- 3:58 pm
- 3:29 pm
- 3:47 pm
- 3:16 pm
- 4:15 pm
- 4:01 pm
- 5:42 pm
- 6:35 pm
- 6:18 pm
- 6:54 pm