U-M satellite city clerk’s office
The UMMA satellite city clerk’s office has been registering between 150 and 200 students per day. As of Oct. 13, more than 2,600 students have registered and more than 2,900 have voted either in person at UMMA or by returning their ballot to the museum’s drop box.
Forever marching on
For its 123rd season, the leaders of the Michigan Marching Band have worked to creatively translate its music and traditions to the virtual space, while also keeping community ties strong for its 400 student members at a time when they need it most.
A table for 12, six feet apart
A group of faculty and students recently created an outdoor, socially distanced instructional space to activate the inner courtyard at the Art and Architecture Building, home of the Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning and Stamps School of Art & Design.
Prenatal safety net
Despite efforts to improve maternal and children’s health care, preterm birth rates in Michigan have risen five years in a row. Through a partnership with the University of Michigan Department of Family Medicine, U-M doctors, residents, nurses, midwives and administrative staff help provide safe and respectful care so new moms and their babies can get the healthy start they need.
- Maize & Blueprint — Current Campus Status
U-M COVID-19 Community Sampling & Tracking Program
COVID-19 is increasing in the student community & around the state. These trends are very concerning. It's imperative we remain diligent in our efforts to mask-up, maintain distance & stay safe. We urge everyone on campus to sign up for the Community Sampling & Tracking Program.Learn more about testing
Our Fall Semester Plans
The University of Michigan is offering an innovative, public health-informed semester this fall. In order to make this possible, there are many new health and safety measures taking place across the U-M campus to protect our students, faculty and staff.
- Stay up-to-date on the most recent messages from leadership, major announcements and campus status information on our Campus Maize & Blueprint site.
Living + Learning
- Learn how campus life at U-M has been reimagined for the fall — everything from course formats and the academic calendar to the use of space in classrooms, dorms and dining halls.
Health + Safety
- Discover how U-M students, faculty and staff are Taking Care of Maize & Blue by following safety measures to keep their friends, family and communities healthy during these challenging times.
- More undergrad courses going online after stay-in-place order
- Michigan Medicine disability advocate to receive Neubacher Award
- Mythbusting: 5 common misperceptions surrounding the environmental impacts of single-use plastics
- Like humans, chimps prioritize positive relationships as they age
- U-M story lab to amplify Detroit River narratives
- Michigan Minds: Combating and confronting racism through action-based research projects
- Commentary: Republicans don't know what to do with their bad-faith ACA case
- The Conversation: U-M epidemiologist explains the new CDC guidance on 15 minutes of exposure and what it means for you
- Black voices in physics: Marcelle Soares-Santos
- Election anxiety Q&A: Stay civil, take breaks to lessen angst
In The News
- Inside Higher Ed Confronting racism in admissions
- DBusiness U-M researchers create 3-D bioengineered lung tissue to study pulmonary fibrosis
- Physician's Weekly Racial disparities persist after controlling for age, sex, socioeconomic status or comorbidities
- Deutsche Welle (Germany) US Electoral College: Ensuring representation or arcane filter on democracy?
Happening @ Michigan
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) events may have been moved online, rescheduled, or canceled. Visit Happening@Michigan for updates.
- Oct 27 John Lewis: Good Trouble
- Oct 27 Finland-MI Energy Circle Webinars
- Oct 27 Allies At Work
- Oct 29 ONSF Drop-in Advising
- Oct 30 La Tertulia Virtual
- Nov 2 International Institute Webinar. The MIRS Advantage — Masters in International and Regional Studies
- Nov 21
- Nov 30
- Dec 8
- Dec 9, 12-13
- Dec 10-11, 14-18
All Michigan, all the time
There’s always something amazing happening at Michigan. Whether it’s on campus or around the world, our students, faculty, staff and alumni are out seizing the day. A sampling of images captured over the years is shown in the gallery below.
- 5:25 pm
- 5:33 pm
- 5:42 pm
- 5:45 pm
- 5:46 pm
- 5:48 pm
- 6:07 pm
- 6:04 pm
- 6:20 pm
- 6:35 pm
- 6:40 pm
- 6:18 pm
- 6:54 pm
- 7:35 pm
- 7:55 pm
- 7:37 pm
- 7:38 pm
- 7:44 pm
- 7:52 pm
- 8:10 pm
- 9:13 pm
- 9:24 pm
- 9:51 pm
- 10:27 pm
- 10:32 pm
- 10:43 pm
- 11:59 pm
- 11:01 pm
- 11:34 pm
- 11:33 pm