Engaged with Arctic snow
One class of students ventures to the Arctic for snow samples that are used in part by undergraduates in an intro chemistry course, who conduct authentic research experiments on sea ice loss. Engaged learning aimed at retaining STEM students early in their U-M careers.
Finding their voice
Imagine having a word or phrase on the tip of your tongue, but you’re unable to say it. And when you can speak, the words come out jumbled or incoherent. The U-M Aphasia Program offers a model approach to restoring the ability to communicate for residents across Michigan and the U.S.
Mentoring at Michigan
Mentoring has become an important part of the college experience for many students, as research indicates these types of supportive connections have a positive impact on students, even after they graduate. At the University of Michigan, faculty and staff use participate in several campus mentoring programs to foster student success.
A Global Vision of Dentistry
Students from the School of Dentistry traveled to Brazil as part of a global program that strives to improve and promote oral health equity through research, education and service.
- Jeffries’ $33M gift dedicated to student support at Law School; South Hall to become Jeffries Hall
- LSA’s Thomas Baird named next vice president for development
- New Central Campus building to include innovative classrooms
- 'Art in the Age of the Internet' to open at U-M Museum of Art
- Gender and the 'nice' penalty at work
- How the insurance industry could help change climate skeptics' minds
- Michigan K-12 students among nation's most chronically absent, homeless students at particular risk
- The Conversation: The web really isn't worldwide – every country has different access
- Thinking on their feet: In-class exercise helps fight childhood obesity while kids learn
In The News
- Talk Media News France mobilizes police as 'yellow vest' protests show no sign of abating
- Salon Michigan GOP use lame-duck session as 'strong-arm effort to limit the future power of Democrats'
- Wall Street Journal Does your online MBA program feel too remote? There's a bot for that
Happening @ Michigan
- Dec 10 Universal Declaration of Human Rights: Linocuts by Meredith Stern
- Dec 10 Wellness Dog at UHS!
- Dec 10 Michigan Review of Prisoner Creative Writing's Meeting
- Dec 16 Sunday Drop-In Tour | Highlights of the Kelsey Museum
All Michigan, all the time
There’s always something amazing happening at Michigan. Whether it’s on campus or around the world, our students, faculty, staff and alumni are out seizing the day as shown in the slideshow below.
- 2:54 am
- 2:58 am
- 3:11 am
- 3:11 am
- 7:51 am
- 9:16 am
- 9:50 am
- 10:10 am
- 10:56 am
- 11:53 am
- 11:25 am
- 11:48 am
- 12:15 pm
- 12:16 pm
- 12:57 pm
- 12:27 pm
- 12:31 pm
- 1:17 pm
- 2:54 pm
- 2:59 pm
- 2:19 pm
- 3:47 pm
- 3:38 pm
- 3:36 pm
- 3:16 pm
- 4:15 pm
- 4:47 pm
- 4:49 pm
- 5:25 pm
- 5:33 pm