Kirigami can spin terahertz rays
With a light-spinning device inspired by the Japanese art of paper cutting, U‑M researchers scan the internal structure of plant and animal tissue without harmful X-rays. The team hopes their work will open new dimensions in medical imaging, encrypted communications and cosmology.
Established in 2012, the Doctors of Tomorrow program is focused on diversifying the future of health care by exposing underrepresented minority students to careers in medicine, as well as providing them with foundational skills to pursue a career in health sciences.
150 Years at U Hospital
What began as 20 beds in a converted house on campus after the Civil War has grown into a vast enterprise of care, with centers, clinics, institutes, laboratories, helicopters, a library and more.
Outreach efforts offer access
When she was in high school, LSA junior and first-generation college student Stephanie Camarena received valuable research experience at U-M as part of D-RISE, one of the many educational outreach initiatives faculty and staff engage in to help students across the state.
- Under the hood of Michigan Solar Car Team's 'Electrum'
- U-M historian Valerie Kivelson inducted into British Academy
- U-M maintains No. 15 spot in Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings
- Creating a coolness strategy for your brand
- First programmable memristor computer aims to bring AI processing down from the cloud
- Michigan Today podcast: Talk about 'music to your ears'
- Modern maker trend could spur aging brains
- The Conversation: Doctors as border police—what happened to 'first, do no harm'?
- Health insurance idea born at U-M could help millions of Americans spend less for the care they need most
In The News
- NBC News Deep reckoning or fleeting outrage? Cancel culture's complexity proves a double-edged sword
- Science Major US cities are leaking methane at twice the rate previously believed
- Reuters Women doctors skip conferences because of family responsibilities
- Detroit News See the lineups for the upcoming Detroit Democratic debates
Happening @ Michigan
- Sep 19 Jonathan Safran Foer
- Sep 21 IOE Graduate School Workshop
- Aug 7 Circulating the Avant-Garde: Aesthetic Counter-Publics in the Little Magazines, 1890-1920
- Aug 15
- Aug 16-18
- Aug 19-20
- Aug 20
- Sep 2
All Michigan, all the time
There’s always something amazing happening at Michigan. Whether it’s on campus or around the world, our students, faculty, staff and alumni are out seizing the day as shown in the slideshow below.
- 5:25 pm
- 5:33 pm
- 5:42 pm
- 5:45 pm
- 5:46 pm
- 5:48 pm
- 6:07 pm
- 6:04 pm
- 6:20 pm
- 6:35 pm
- 6:40 pm
- 6:18 pm
- 6:54 pm
- 7:35 pm
- 7:46 pm
- 7:37 pm
- 7:38 pm
- 7:44 pm
- 7:52 pm
- 8:10 pm
- 9:15 pm
- 9:13 pm
- 9:24 pm
- 9:51 pm
- 10:27 pm
- 10:32 pm
- 10:43 pm
- 11:01 pm
- 11:34 pm
- 11:33 pm