Project Healthy Schools is a community and U-M collaboration designed to reduce childhood obesity and improve the current and future health of Michigan's youth.
Management as a calling
University of Michigan Ross professor, Andy Hoffman, recently took a cohort of business students to U-M’s Biological Station on Douglas Lake in Northern Michigan. The goal for the lakeside retreat: to remove distractions, encourage reflection, and embrace a moral compass to explore professions that promote commerce and serve society.
At his first Leadership Welcome, President Santa J. Ono shared details about the strategic vision that will define the first few years of his presidency. He outlined transformative initiatives ranging from efforts to amplify U-M’s research and scholarship activity to new opportunities for staff development; and from new sustainability developments to socially conscious investing.
Great Lakes Climate Migration
Communities in the Great Lakes region need to start planning now for a future that may include “climate migrants” who leave behind increasingly frequent natural disasters in other parts of the country. And user-friendly web-based tools can be a central part of that planning process.
Campus Health Response
The University of Michigan has COVID-19 policies and guidance in place to support robust in-person experiences for our students, faculty and staff.
- President Ono named chair, US member of Fulbright Canada
- Old-growth trees more drought tolerant than younger ones, providing a buffer against climate change
- U-M's expertise uniquely positioned to address housing crisis
- U-M team recycles previously unrecyclable plastic
- Plastic to metal, steel to aluminum—the future of welding and lightweight vehicles
- Michigan Minds: Visualizing telematic performances
- U-M launches comprehensive firearm injury prevention open online course
- The Conversation: Where did the Earth's oxygen come from? New study hints at an unexpected source
- Opinion: Why are lots of kids likely to be sick this holiday season?
- Opinion: Why are Germans losing enthusiasm for helping Ukraine?
In The News
- MLive 'Nourishes the soul': Michigan doctor serves the underserved on Peru, El Salvador missions
- WXYZ/Detroit Is repealing the 'pink tax' a bipartisan issue?
- National Public Radio Experts have been pushing China's government to ramp up vaccinations
- CNN What to expect from Friday's jobs report
Happening @ Michigan
- Dec 9 How the Grinch Stole My Heart: Improv Show
- Dec 10 Saturday Sampler Tour | The Roman Empire
- Jan 6 UMix
- Jan 20 UMix
All Michigan, all the time
There’s always something amazing happening at Michigan. Whether it’s on campus or around the world, our students, faculty, staff and alumni are out seizing the day. A sampling of images captured over the years is shown in the gallery below.
- 10:46 am
- 10:10 am
- 10:28 am
- 10:56 am
- 10:57 am
- 10:18 am
- 10:44 am
- 10:15 am
- 10:10 am
- 10:02 am
- 10:14 am
- 10:58 am
- 10:10 am
- 10:12 am
- 12:15 pm
- 12:16 pm
- 12:27 pm
- 12:31 pm
- 12:30 pm
- 2:59 pm
- 3:47 pm
- 4:33 pm
- 4:47 pm
- 5:46 pm
- 6:07 pm
- 6:20 pm
- 6:18 pm
- 6:54 pm
- 11:01 pm
- 11:34 pm