Mind and body
Before coming to the University of Michigan, Joseph Jackowski had always been fascinated with the human mind. After exiting the Marine Corps, Joseph decided to pursue this interest in the human mind and investigate what about our minds and ourselves is truly influencing these behaviors
Lighthouse Brass Quintet
Inspired by the beauty and lore of lighthouses throughout the state—as well as their sheer number—University of Michigan assistant professor of music William Lucas launched the Michigan Lighthouse Landmark Legacy project, an artistic collaboration aimed at raising awareness and supporting preservation of the state’s beloved, historic buildings.
Detroit Center for Innovation
A 190,000-square-foot academic building operated by U-M will be part of a new 14-acre Detroit Center for Innovation in downtown Detroit. The building, which will be financially backed by donors, including Stephen M. Ross and Dan Gilbert, will provide space for students pursuing advanced degrees in high-tech innovation industries.
The middle and high school students who are part of the University of Michigan’s Wolverine Pathways program have the smarts to get to college. They have the desire. They see themselves as college students. But seeing the path to get there and stay there isn’t always clear. Wolverine Pathways formed just over three years ago with the goal of showing them the way.
- Schlissel’s trip highlights U-M collaborations with India
- Research shows how wealth begets educational disparity
- New study explains how HIV avoids getting ZAPped
- 'Throwaway' social profiles may have a place on some platforms, with some topics
- Men who receive home care from spouse more likely to feel burdensome than women
- Ford School livestream: 'Translating Military Leadership Lessons for Business and Policy Leaders'
- Big Ten Voting Challenge helped increase student turnout, will continue in 2020
- Caring Camp: North Star Reach lets campers swap medical routines for freedom, fun
- Law School's Eli Savit: Detroit's schools are unconstitutionally unequal
In The News
- CNN The Curiosity rover detects oxygen behaving strangely on Mars
- Fortune Are white Democrats turning on presidential candidates due to Latino outreach?
- New York Times A surprising finding on paid leave: 'This is not the way we teach this'
- Poets & Quants 20 years later, Michigan Ross continues entrepreneurial build
Happening @ Michigan
- Nov 14 "Tales Told by Empty Sleeves: Disability, Mendicancy, and Civil War Life Writing"
- Nov 14 Being a Solo Person in an Organization – Coalition Building for Creating Change
- Nov 14 Human rights on the brink
- Nov 14 Lilly Stalks, Pounded Murphies, and Caramel Ice Cream: Investigating the Food System that Fed U-M Students a Century Ago
- Nov 27
- Dec 11
- Dec 12, 14-15
- Dec 13, 16-20
- Dec 15
All Michigan, all the time
There’s always something amazing happening at Michigan. Whether it’s on campus or around the world, our students, faculty, staff and alumni are out seizing the day as shown in the slideshow below.
- 9:22 am
- 9:47 am
- 10:46 am
- 10:18 am
- 10:14 am
- 10:10 am
- 11:53 am
- 11:04 am
- 11:29 am
- 12:16 pm
- 12:31 pm
- 2:54 pm
- 2:19 pm
- 3:38 pm
- 3:47 pm
- 3:47 pm
- 3:47 pm
- 3:36 pm
- 4:01 pm
- 5:25 pm
- 5:46 pm
- 7:37 pm
- 7:38 pm
- 10:27 pm
- 10:32 pm
- 10:43 pm
- 11:59 pm
- 11:01 pm
- 11:34 pm
- 11:33 pm