Forever marching on
For its 123rd season, the leaders of the Michigan Marching Band have worked to creatively translate its music and traditions to the virtual space, while also keeping community ties strong for its 400 student members at a time when they need it most.
A table for 12, six feet apart
A group of faculty and students recently created an outdoor, socially distanced instructional space to activate the inner courtyard at the Art and Architecture Building, home of the Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning and Stamps School of Art & Design.
Prenatal safety net
Despite efforts to improve maternal and children’s health care, preterm birth rates in Michigan have risen five years in a row. Through a partnership with the University of Michigan Department of Family Medicine, U-M doctors, residents, nurses, midwives and administrative staff help provide safe and respectful care so new moms and their babies can get the healthy start they need.
Movement science students test latest tech
U-M students in an in-person Kinesiology class use the latest wearable technology to conduct mini-experiments on the body's reaction to wearing a mask during exercise, as part of a course studying many types of health tech devices.
- Maize & Blueprint — Current Campus Status
U-M COVID-19 Community Sampling & Tracking Program
COVID-19 is increasing in the student community & around the state. These trends are very concerning. It's imperative we remain diligent in our efforts to mask-up, maintain distance & stay safe. We urge everyone on campus to sign up for the Community Sampling & Tracking Program.Learn more about testing
Our Fall Semester Plans
The University of Michigan is offering an innovative, public health-informed semester this fall. In order to make this possible, there are many new health and safety measures taking place across the U-M campus to protect our students, faculty and staff.
- Stay up-to-date on the most recent messages from leadership, major announcements and campus status information on our Campus Maize & Blueprint site.
Living + Learning
- Learn how campus life at U-M has been reimagined for the fall — everything from course formats and the academic calendar to the use of space in classrooms, dorms and dining halls.
Health + Safety
- Discover how U-M students, faculty and staff are Taking Care of Maize & Blue by following safety measures to keep their friends, family and communities healthy during these challenging times.
- More undergrad courses going online after stay-in-place order
- U-M undergraduate enrollment steady for fall 2020
- U-M story lab to amplify Detroit River narratives
- Why don't we click on some social media posts?
- Michiganders with COVID-19 experienced a double whammy of prolonged illness, economic distress
- Black voices in physics: Marcelle Soares-Santos
- Election anxiety Q&A: Stay civil, take breaks to lessen angst
- Dealing with Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Short, online learning opportunities focus on election
- Q&A: State officials confident in election security despite voter concerns
In The News
- Detroit Free Press Could final Trump-Biden debate change the election outcome? Our panel weighs in
- Washington Post The virus is on the march in much of the world. In India, it's in retreat.
- Detroit Free Press Trump vs. Biden: Here's how every region of the state plays its part in the race
- MLive Despite new records, Michigan almost certainly had more coronavirus cases in last spring
Happening @ Michigan
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) events may have been moved online, rescheduled, or canceled. Visit Happening@Michigan for updates.
- Oct 24 Game Day Bingo
- Oct 25 I Wish to Say: Share Your Message With the Next President
- Oct 26 Finland-MI Energy Circle Webinars
- Oct 26 DEI Summit 2020 | Arts+Social Change: Building an Anti-Racist World through the Arts
- Oct 24 John Lewis: Good Trouble
- Oct 24 Community Matters Watch Party
- Nov 21
- Nov 30
- Dec 8
- Dec 9, 12-13
- Dec 10-11, 14-18
All Michigan, all the time
There’s always something amazing happening at Michigan. Whether it’s on campus or around the world, our students, faculty, staff and alumni are out seizing the day. A sampling of images captured over the years is shown in the gallery below.
- 12:24 am
- 12:15 am
- 12:36 am
- 12:48 am
- 1:06 am
- 2:58 am
- 6:34 am
- 6:10 am
- 8:35 am
- 8:32 am
- 8:31 am
- 9:01 am
- 9:20 am
- 9:22 am
- 10:10 am
- 11:25 am
- 11:00 am
- 11:25 am
- 11:40 am
- 12:34 pm
- 12:57 pm
- 12:16 pm
- 12:27 pm
- 12:10 pm
- 2:54 pm
- 2:40 pm
- 3:47 pm
- 3:37 pm
- 3:47 pm
- 3:36 pm