Instructors: Maria Ruggiero and Aleric Soans
January 10, 2007 - February 28, 2007
Room: G168 Angell Hall
Pre-requisite: Advanced Beginner Series
No partner required!
Cost for entire 8 weeks: $10 student / $20 non-student
[see membership details]
This class is geared towards refining your close-embrace tango with a
major emphasis on dancing techniques for leaders and followers.
We will attempt to cover the following topics:
Upon completion of the Intermediate Close Embrace Series, you can
- Details for posture, embrace, connection and walking
- Ochos - Ways of getting in and out
- Ocho Cortados: Techniques for turning (leaders) and walking, pivoting (followers)
- Left side turns and Right side turns
- Initiating small boleos and techniques for resolving them
- Milonga basics with Traspie
- Musicality: Dancing to different instruments, Phrasing and Pausing
- repeat the Series to strengthen your foundations,
- continue learning close embrace at our Monday class
at the Grange, or
- learn the basics of salon style tango in the Introductory Salon Series
to give you another way of dancing tango.
Please see the schedule for the latest
information on lessons and other events. If you have questions or
comments, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.