Instructors: Vijay Namasivayam & Heather Whitehead
September 7, 2005 - October 26, 2005
Room: G115 Angell Hall
Pre-requisite: Advanced Beginner Series
No partner required!
Cost for entire 8 weeks: $10 student / $20 non-student
[see membership details]
This class is geared towards refining your close-embrace tango with a
major emphasis on dancing techniques for leaders and followers.
We will attempt to cover the following topics:
- Details for posture, embrace, connection and walking
- Ochos - Ways of getting in and out
- Ocho Cortados: Techniques for turning (leaders) and walking, pivoting (followers
- Left side turns and Right side turns
- Initiating small boleos and techniques for resolving them
- Milonga basics with Traspie
- Musicality: Dancing to different instruments, Phrasing and Pausing
Upon completion of the Intermediate Close Embrace Series, you can
- repeat the series to strengthen your foundations or
- continue learning close embrace at our Monday class
at the Grange
Please see the schedule for the latest
information on lessons and other events. If you have questions or
comments, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.